Ansible setup is now done through Ansible itself plus a short bootstrap script. Please check earlier revisions of this page for manual setup.
- You have sudo installed and you have sudo permissions.
- You have a GPG key pair and SSH key pair on this computer.
- Your SSH public key for this computer must be added to your Gitea account. Ideally it's also on other servers.
- Your GPG public key must be added to the pass database, and it must be signed by Jon.
- Nextcloud should be installed. NOTE: You can bootstrap without adding your server to crm.megaphonetech.com, but after bootstrap your server must be in the inventory.
Run these commands:
sudo apt install ansible git git clone https://github.com/MegaphoneJon/ansible-main.git ansible cd ansible git submodule init git submodule sync git submodule update # Install some extra Ansible plugins ansible-galaxy collection install community.general # If this server has no desktop environment, you'll probably need to start ssh-agent manually. Otherwise skip the next 2 commands. eval "$(ssh-agent)" # This command will prompt you for your SSH passphrase. ssh-add # run the bootstrap. You'll be prompted for your 'BECOME password'; it's your user pw (for sudo). ansible-playbook localhost-bootstrap.yml --ask-become-pass # Your computer must be in the "Server List" on crm.megaphonetech.com to do the next step. run provision.yml --tags bootstrap