CiviCRM Launch Checklist¶
- Table of contents
- CiviCRM Launch Checklist
- Megaphone Monitoring extension is installed.
- AuthX is disabled for basic auth with
cv api4 Setting.set +v authx_header_cred=(see #7804).
- Enable advanced logging if desired
- Database tables are all collated with UTF8MB4 (especially inherited sites)
- Checksum expiration has been discussed with the client, and ideally set to 90 days if applicable.
- (Classic Authorize.net, not using the authnet extension): Authorize.Net postback URL is set (if recurring contributions are enabled)
- (Classic Authorize.net, not using the authnet extension): Ensure Auth.Net isn't sending its own receipt (unless desired): https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A54&actp=LIST
- Certain scheduled jobs are turned on. Always enable the following, and others on a component-by-component basis:
- Clean-up Temporary Data and Files
- Check bounces
- Disable expired relationships
- Rebuild Smart Group Cache
- Final payment processor is enabled on all contribution/event pages, dummy processor is disabled
- Bounce address is set and tested
- If the bounce address is GMail, filters to avoid bounces being classified as spam are added (see here)
- SPF records are added/tested (Unnecessary with Amazon SES: See here)
- PTR record exists
- Default organization name/address is filled in
- "View public CiviMail content" permission is turned on for anonymous users.
- Geocoding is turned on
- Geocoding scheduled job has parameters set (if enabled): geocoding = 1, optionally parse = 1, throttle = 1
- Outbound mail settings are tested
- Ensure that all donation pages notify a person on staff when a donation is made (or confirm this isn't wanted). You can either CC the receipt, or set notifications at the profile level.
- Households are disabled if unused
- Mailing header and footer are disabled (assuming the required tokens are in the mailing template)
- Check Drupal permissions to ensure that administrator role has all permissions - especially if non-default modules (CiviCampaign, CiviPledge, CiviGrant) were enabled, or an upgrade happened between the start of the project and launch.
- domain is set on the loopback, 127.0.0.1, if possible. This might affect the CiviCRM News dashlet.
- Determine that there's an adequate backup regimen (esp. for inherited sites)
- Ensure the PHP and MySQL timestamps match. With Wordpress, do NOT use this. Instead set:
wp option set timezone_string America/New_York. Note that this must be done per-site on multi-site:
wp --url=http://example.org/site2 option set timezone_string America/New_York.
- Also: This does NOT fix wp-cli, so use wget for cron, or better yet, use the patched civicrm.php that I have in the wp-cli git package.
- Set the "canonical site" value for the test/dev sites in crm.megaphonetech.com.
- Maintenance/support contracts in place if needed