Writing & Running Tests¶
- Make a new file in the tests folder of the working directory. The file should be named after the file in which you are testing plus "Test"
- i.e. testing StuffFinder.php => StuffFinderTest.php
- Name the function after the function you are testing, plus "Test"
- i.e. testing findStuff() => findStuffTest()
- Can only test public functions
- if needed, step through the call stack to find a public function that is higher up in the stack than the desired private/protected function you want to test
- To run a unit test, use this command:
env CIVICRM_UF=UnitTests XDEBUG_SESSION=VSCODE phpunit7 (absolute path to file where test is written) --filter (name of test function)(subbing in the correct content within the parenthesis to the relevant info for your particular test)